I bought Lincoln as a 3year old 6 years ago from Emma Davies. She had bought him a couple of years before in a very poor condition suffering from neglect. He was suffering from internal abcesses and several local vets had not been able to cure the problem. When Emma first came to work for me I saw Lincoln when he was approx 18months old and suggested John McEwan saw him. We brought him from Swansea to my yard and John came out to see him. John diagnosed the problem straight away and treated him, Lincoln then went back to Swansea and I did not see him until a couple of years later when Emma brought him back to my yard to break him in. He had grown into quite an impressive horse and I decided to buy him from Emma. We have had 6 years of good fun and we have hunted, show jumped and done some dressage but unfortunately due to the problems suffered at an early age he is now suffering from other problems. The internal abcesses have caused some permanent muscle damage which over the years has put strain on other joints. Amelia had started to compete him at a higher level and his hock joints were very swollen. We rested him for a while and went back to John McEwan who x rayed him and did various tests and injected the joints with cartrofen although he has had some improvement we felt that he could no longer work in the school as school movements are putting too much strain on the joints, although he still enjoys hacking. Which brings me to the dilemma of deciding what to do with him. I would not sell him as I would not want him to be going from home to home and ending up being abused and I would not like to see him put down. I decided last week to ring Emma parents and discuss the problems with them. Ray, Emma’s Father, decided he would like to have Lincoln and today we took him to his new home. I know Ray will look after him and he won’t have to do too much work there which will be good for him. It is a very sad day to see him go and I will miss him but I know he will have a good home.